Teeth may be misaligned for a number of reasons. In some cases, the teeth are naturally arranged in a crooked pattern. In other instances, the teeth may have shifted from the force applied to the mouth through thumb-sucking or dental trauma.
Nevertheless, regardless of the reason for a dental misalignment, there are many different options available to straighten crooked teeth. Here are a few of these options and the benefits associated with them.
Conventional braces are made of metal and can be easily seen when worn. However, there are advantages to using traditional braces. They include the following:
- Versatility. Conventional braces can correct many different bite and alignment issues, regardless of the severity. In addition, they can be used for children as well as for adults.
- Cost. Traditional braces are often less expensive than many other orthodontic options.
Invisalign services is a special orthodontic application that straightens the teeth with transparent aligners. The system uses multiple sets of aligners during the alignment process. Each set is worn for two consecutive weeks before being replaced by the next set in the treatment plan.
Here are some of the advantages of the Invisalign system.
- Removability. The aligners are removable, so they don't hamper the proper cleaning of the teeth. Additionally, they don't make eating difficult or cumbersome.
- Discretion. Because of the transparency of the aligners, they are difficult to see when worn. Thus, the teeth can be straightened in a discreet manner.
- Reduced treatment time. Treatment with the Invisalign system is often complete within 12 months.
- Less pain. The Invisalign system is often more comfortable than conventional braces, because there are no brackets or wires to pinch or irritate the gums.
Damon System Braces
Like traditional braces, Damon system braces include brackets and wires. However, the brackets do not require elastic bands to attach the archwire to the brackets. Instead, the brackets have a unique design. They include a hole through which the archwire is fed.
Here are some of the advantages of Damon system braces.
- Faster alignment. The alignment of the teeth happens more rapidly because the friction created by the elastic bands is eliminated. Without the oppositional force, the aligning force of the braces is more effective.
- Fewer orthodontic visits. The system requires fewer archwire adjustments, so there are fewer orthodontic appointments.
- Discretion. The brackets of the Damon system braces are smaller than those of conventional braces.
For more information about orthodontic options that may be suitable for your teeth, schedule an appointment with an orthodontist in your local area.